East Ivanhoe, Victoria
In 1954, Peter McIntyre completed the Snelleman house in East Ivanhoe, Melbourne. The house is also known as the 'coil house' for the way its plan wraps around the large tree that was on the sloping site. McIntyre Partnership revisited the house in 2012, to make proposals for additions for its new owners.
Architecture Arts Award 1954
structural engineer Bill Irwin • photography Eric Kerr
McINTYRE PARTNERSHIP PTY LTD
2 HODGSON STREET KEW 3101 VICTORIA AUSTRALIA
tel +61 (0)3 9853 7654 fax +61 (0)3 9853 6618